Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Vegan Mac & Cheese (made with potatoes and carrots)

The original recipe for this was posted on Buzzfeed back in September. Emily from This Rawsome Vegan Life made the recipe (with a few twists) and posted it on Facebook. I saw it and decided that I had to give it a try, too. I only had 1 potato left though (the recipe called for 2), so I used a small sweet potato instead. It added a bit of sweetness to the recipe, which is fine with me! The second time I used all yellow potatoes. The flavour was slightly different, but equally delicious!

This does not taste like traditional mac & cheese, but it is very creamy and delicious! My 8 year old loved this dish!  My 5 year old did not.

Above: Here's the one with all yellow potatoes.


Above: Here's the one with sweet potato.

Vegan Mac & Cheese (made with potatoes and carrots)
Adapted from BuzzFeed
Makes 4 servings

Ingredients
  • 1 (or 2 if not using sweet potato) yellow potato, peeled and chopped
  • 1 small sweet potato, peeled and chopped
  • 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
  • ¼ of a yellow onion, peeled
  • ½ cup cashews, soaked
  • ½ teaspoon garlic powder
  • ½ teaspoon onion powder
  • ½ teaspoon paprika
  • ½ teaspoon mustard powder
  • 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
  • ¼ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
  • 4 cups cooked pasta (any shape)
Directions
  1. Boil potatoes for 2 minutes. Add carrot and boil for an additional 5 minutes. Add the onion and boil for 5 minutes or more, until all the vegetables become tender.
  2. Remove the vegetables from the pot (reserving the liquid) and place them in a blender along with all the other ingredients except for the pasta.
  3. Add 1 ½ cups of the cooking liquid to the blender and give it a whirl for a minute or so until it looks like cheese sauce.
  4. Stir the sauce into your pasta and you're ready to eat! Serve this macaroni with a side of sautéed greens, or a salad.

Comments

Popular Posts